- All positions - Knowledge of Hockey Alberta, League (CAHL, WCMHA, AA) and RMHA Bylaws/Rules & Regulations
- Shall perform the president’s duties in his absence.
- Shall be chairman of the budget committee.
- Shall be a member of the discipline committe
- Shall be responsible for Association hockey team equipment.
- Shall be co-ordinator of all Association tournaments.
- Shall have signing authority on Association accounts.
- Attend CAHL monthly meetings
- Attend Hockey Alberta AGM
- Shall deposit all funds paid to the Association in designated bank accounts. Shall pay Association bills promptly.
- Shall properly account for all Association funds in books or permanent form.
- Shall present a detailed financial statement at monthly executive meetings.
- Shall present a reviewed financial statement at the annual meeting.
- Shall keep past Association account books or computer records in a safe place.
- Shall sit on the budget committee.
- Shall have signing authority on Association accounts. Any two signatures of the president, vice president, secretary, treasurer or office manager shall be valid on Association accounts.
- Shall (with President and Vice President) select and allocate coaches to each team fairly, from those who apply, based on coaches’ qualifications and past performance.
- Shall organize player evaluations, and oversee team placements.
- Shall see that coaches are certified according to HA rules.
- Shall set up regular coach and referee meetings at least three times a season, to promote co-operation between coaching staff, referees and the executive.
- Knowledge of coach requirements as set by Hockey Alberta
CLINIC & RISK MANAGEMENT CO-ORDINATOR
- Shall arrange clinics as directed by executive committee
- Shall insure that RMHA has risk management policies according to Hockey Alberta.
- Apply for necessary sanctions and permits
Additional members of the executive committee can be elected or appointed as follows:
DIRECTOR - one for each age group or division in the Association
- Shall be a liaison between parents and the executive committee.
- Shall review Association regulations with parents in their division.
- Shall be responsible for EACH team in their division.
- Directors shall be allowed to be on the coaching staff of a team other than the level for which they are elected as director.
- Should have a child playing in their division.
REFEREE IN CHIEF:
- Shall supervise all referees hired by the Association.
- Shall arrange referee clinics and see that referees are registered according to HA and CHA rules.
- Shall present referee fees and operating rules for executive approval.
- Shall be a member of the discipline committee, but, if involved, shall abstain from voting.
- Shall oversee assigning of referees for all games and tournaments.
- Shall be responsible for the management of the referee assigning platform
ADDITIONAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE (non-voting) which can be appointed:
- CAHL DIRECTOR
- CAHL GOVERNOR
- WCMHA DIRECTOR
- WCMHA GOVERNOR
- APPAREL ASSISTANT
- EQUIPMENT ASSISTANT